GeneralThe 37th Belgian Othello Championship will be held on Sunday October 11th 2020 in Ekeren near Antwerp. There will be two tournaments: an A-event for advanced players and a 'promising tournament' for new and lower rated player. More information can be found in the sections below. Questions and remarks can be sent to the organisation. This tournament is part of the Belgian Grand Prix 2020 and the Foreigners Grand Prix 2020. At the end of this tournament, the winners of both Grand Prix will be known. Also the players qualified for the 44th World Othello Championship will be known. This tournament will be held in Paris, France.
We're hoping to welcome many players!
In 2019 it went as this:
SubscriptionsWe would appreciate upfront subscriptions. In this way we are sure to foresee a sufficient number of boards and clocks. Of course it remains possible to show up unexpectedly. There are several ways to subscribe:
Currently 2 players have officially subscribed.
|Jan Van Damme||BEL||B||1218|
Currently 4 players have officially subscribed for the promising tournament
Ferdinand Pauwelsstraat 102
Parking on the terrain of the Muziekacademie
7 Swiss rounds (everyone faces opponent with the same amount of wins - as much as possible). The clocks will be set to 20 minutes for every player. A final will be played between the best 2 Belgians to determine the 36th Belgian Othello Champion.
The promising tournamen traditionally is being held in the morning. Depending on the number of players, between 4 and 6 rounds are played. Minimal 5 and maximum 6 games are planned. Afterwards the promising players can join the A event. The time on the clocks is 15 minutes per player per game. A semi final will be played between the best 2 Belgian junior players and the 2 seesed players (Eline and Jana Verstuyft). A final will determine the Belgian Othello Junior Champion 2019.
- 10 euro for advanced players
- 5 euro for beginners, students and unemployed
- free entry voor new and promising players
- 09:30 Subscriptions
- 10:00 First round
- 13:00 Finish promising tournament
- 13:00 Lunch - we order sandwiches in the morning
- 14:00 Round 4 of A event, promising players can jump in
- 14:00 Semi-final Junior Championship
- 15:00 Final Junior Championship
- 16:30 Final Belgian Championship
- 17:30 End of the tournament and prize ceremony
There is at least one car leaving from Ghent. Contact us for more information. Do not hesitate to post something on the Facebook event page as there will also be at least one car coming from the Netherlands.
Please check the hotel websites in the neighbourhood of Antwerp for accomodation.
At the end of the tournament a number of prizes in separate categories will be awarded.
- First place
- Second Place
- Winner promising tournament
- Runner-up of the promising tournament
- 35th Belgian Othello Champion
- Winners Belgian Grand Prix
- Winner Foreigner Grand Prix
- Belgian Othello Junior Champion
- Runner-up Othello Junior Champion
- Medals for other youth players